Since no one has posted here in a while, I'm going to do this lame 2004 wrap up. Because it's easy.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Haha..um, no comment.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept it in spirit, if not totally in practice. The overall goal was accomplished. I don't know about next year yet.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I'll have visited England before the year is over
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Clarity. Better taste. More money. The will to do my schoolwork.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
New Years, my birthday, the weekend we spent in New Brunswick over the summer, Simchat Torah.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into SCILS? wow, that's lame. Um, also not getting killed at the Marilyn Manson show and actually making going away over winter break happen.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got sick twice, no serious injuries to speak of.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My train tickets.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Eli's. He has really been awesome for me this year. If only he could remember all of his awesome behavior.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Train tickets and clothes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to London.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Anything by Kevin Devine.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? same?
c) richer or poorer? probably a little poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
drinking. no wait, scratch that.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home. It's Shabbos.
21. How will you be spending New Years?
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. How many one-night stands?
Define a one night stand.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Nip Tuck, probably.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A coat I didn't hate too much to wear two years in a row.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Swingers (ok, so not from this year but I saw it this year so it counts).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hahahahahahahaha. Um, I made Eli kiss Danny. I was 20.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being such a moron.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Jeans and converse.
34. What kept you sane?
Early 2004- Adam's room, aqua teen parties, Late 2004- 806. And Eli's, of course,
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably Eminem. Old habits die hard.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage, because it seemed so idiotic that it was an issue at all.
37. Who did you miss?
Various people at various times.
38. Who was(were) the best new person(s) you met?
You know, I really don't know, it's hard to remember when I met who. So I'm gonna go with Amy who's made our Family Matters parties that much more enjoyable.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Without 806, I would die. Also, I don't really learn from my mistakes.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'll drink those thoughts away.. I've gotten good at that."